YouTube comments scraper
YouTube goes beyond traditional video hosting services and has introduced a variety of videos and content to its registered members. YouTube uses both paid and non-paid memberships to share in-house and user-generated content.
Wonder what is the people’s opinion on a particular YouTube video, rather than reading thousands of comments what if there is a way you can scrape all the comments with just one click, with no coding required in an excel sheet. You can easily scrape all the data of any number of videos in a sheet using DataKund.
Here are the simple step by step instructions on how to automate to scrape YouTube comments.
Step 1: Install DataKund
- Open DataKund website (https://datakund.com/).
- Go to downloads and click “download”.
- After the installation, the automated browser will open with the DK extension in the taskbar.
Step 2: Create a new bot
- Click the DK extension and type the name of the bot (eg: youtube_comment).
- Click “Make New Bot/New API” to create a new bot.
Step 3: Start training the bot
- Click “record” to start training the bot.
Step 4: Add input and output variables
- Click DK extension, click record and then click keyboard icon on the top right corner, to add input and output variables.
- Add the variables as shown below.
Step 5: Open YouTube URL
- Now, To open a YouTube link which is given in the input.
- To add this action, right-click anywhere on the screen click Datakund-> more->inputs->variables->youtube_link->open link.
Step 6: Add wait time
- Now we will add wait time for the youtube URL to load
- To add the wait time, click Datakund->wait->static->3, for 3 seconds of sleep time.
Step 7: Add filter
- Click on “sort by” on the YouTube page, then click top comments or newest first to sort.
Step 8: Add repeat begin action
- Right-click anywhere on the screen click Datakund->Start Repeat, (or)
- Press alt+ p to repeat the action
Step 9: Scrape name and comment
- Right click anywhere on the screen click Datakund->scrape->text->name.
- In the same way scrape comment click Datakund->scrape->text-> comment.
- You only need to do this once, to train the bot.
Step 10: Run bot
- Go back to the main menu, to stop the training.
- Click “run” in the main menu.
- Click the drop menu beside the run button click run with google sheets and click “Open sheets” in the button of that button.
Step 11: Enter the YouTube link
- paste the YouTube link in the google sheets, you can also scrape comments for multiple YouTube videos by entering the URLs in the sheet.
- Now go back to the DK extension and click “run Google Sheet”.
Step 11: Result
- After the bot is done scraping, click open google sheets.
- Google sheets will open, in that open the output sheet, which you can see at the bottom of the page.